Today was the day parents dreaded (but are secretly excited about) and children are pumped for! Mrs. McBride's Legandary Bible Class. I have had small panic attacks this week thinking my child is old enough for this. Didn't I just take her to the cradle roll class like a week ago? But here we are!
She woke up and ran up to me in the hall this morning so excited: "Is today the day I go to Mrs. McBride's class". Yes, I said with a smile on my face and knot in my stomach. Jumping and excitement ensued.
She will thrive in this class. Structure, a desk, school atmosphere. It is everything a firstborn craves and loves, and she is right there with excitement anticipating her "big girl" status as she promotes to this class. The nervousness I thought would wrench me disappeared as she smiled from ear to ear finding her desk and sitting down. The kids who were running around like banshees on Wednesday night were quietly sitting at their desk coloring as the aura of Mrs. McBride overtakes them and prepares their mind for Bible learning. They even withstand silly mom's taking pictures of the "first day".
And so we drop her off, take a picture, and go to our class. I can't say I focused very well in my class. My thoughts were of her this first day. I wanted to be peeking through the window of the door seeing her learn, seeing her smile and watching her grow in her walk with God as she begins this fun adventure!
15 years ago
7 comments:
Aww yay!! Avery was so excited about Journey Land and I'm still sad we slept through it.
Emily, you are growing up so quickly, it is hard to believe you are ready for pre-school, but here you are. You are smart and have a wonderful love for God. Listen closely and drink in the word of God. We love you more and more each day. Always stay focused on God, your mom and dad have prepared you well.
I could not have said it better myself. My thoughts exactly.
She did such a great job...she was very attentive!
great post! Emily is a smart girl...and polite!
I'm glad Emily is excited about her class and is growing in the Lord. How quickly time goes by from our baby Emily to the little girl smiling at her desk. We love you so much, Emily!
I bet Emily is going to be the best student there!
Post a Comment