It was Tuesday morning when the children entered schoolville, the time was half past nine. The children had changed appearance, strange costumes and crazy times! But a little girl, not quite sure if this is how she should look, timidly entered the room. I do not like my hair like this, I do not like it all. I will not wear in the car, I will not wear it very far. I will not wear it in my class, I wish I could throw it in the trash. I do not like it mommy dear, take it out, take it out, do you hear!

Mommy reassured her that she looked cute and gently lead her in. To the girl's amazement there were strange sights everywhere. Over there a cat with a tall hat, a thing one and thing two, a girl with a HUGE bow to show. And yet, her hair, so tall and silly, left her somewhat worried. When what, what is that, a twin, could it be? Yes, yes it is you see. For another girl, a very good friend, had chosen to wear her hair taller and resembled the little girl too. They both were Cindy Lou Who!

The girl then realized that mom was right, it was grand, it was quite a sight. It was okay to be silly for a day, to wear her hair tall and do it without shame. I like my hair tall, I like it like this. I will wear it with pride and not throw a fit. I will wear it to school and I will have lots of fun. I do like my hair like this you see, I love you mom, she said with glee.
She had lots of fun with her Dr. Seuss friends and the day was a success in schoolville land. They ate lots of green things and read several books, but the best of all was she was proud of her looks!
Mommy reassured her that she looked cute and gently lead her in. To the girl's amazement there were strange sights everywhere. Over there a cat with a tall hat, a thing one and thing two, a girl with a HUGE bow to show. And yet, her hair, so tall and silly, left her somewhat worried. When what, what is that, a twin, could it be? Yes, yes it is you see. For another girl, a very good friend, had chosen to wear her hair taller and resembled the little girl too. They both were Cindy Lou Who!
The girl then realized that mom was right, it was grand, it was quite a sight. It was okay to be silly for a day, to wear her hair tall and do it without shame. I like my hair tall, I like it like this. I will wear it with pride and not throw a fit. I will wear it to school and I will have lots of fun. I do like my hair like this you see, I love you mom, she said with glee.
She had lots of fun with her Dr. Seuss friends and the day was a success in schoolville land. They ate lots of green things and read several books, but the best of all was she was proud of her looks!
6 comments:
Awesome! And yes, they were proud.
She looks great! Love the poem too!
She was a cute Cindy Lou Who!
You make a cute Cindy Lou Who. Glad you had fun.
I can't believe they were both Cindy Lou Who. That is so cute.
What cute pictures! Emily--you and your friend look very cute! Andrea--we love the poem!
Post a Comment